Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Missing Him Is The Hardest

I had wanted to write a post, but words fail me right now. I am just looking at the pictures of my son Matthew. Has it already been 5 days since he has left us? It feels so surreal. I am half expecting him to come running out from the room like the tornado that he is. Home is so quiet, too quiet. My chest, where he lies on to go to sleep every night, feels so empty.

It's so hard to believe he's gone. His milk bottles are still on the kitchen counter, his clothes are still in the drawer, his towel is still hanging on the towel rack next to cheh cheh's towel, his pacifier (that he needs to suck on to go to sleep) is still in the container, everything is still as they are.

I feel differently every day, even during different times of the day. Anxiety, numbness, despair of the loss, security of where he is, grief, and feelings that I just can’t describe. Miss him so much.

On Monday, I didn’t feel like getting out of bed. But Yen had woken and was in the hall doing some colouring. It was 9am already. I had just wanted to curl in bed and wallow, but I know that I cannot. I cannot neglect my daughter. Mornings are the hardest. Jien would always come up onto our bed and sleep in between Marcel and I. I would always awoken in the mornings to find him by my side, but no more. Miss him so much. How long will this missing him last? It hurts. The feeling is just so overwhelming. Tears come so easily. But life goes on. I know that this is a process that I will go through. But it is just so hard. So hard. I miss his hugs, his kisses, his laughter…heck, I even miss his tantrums. The quietness is so much to bear. Still can’t believe that he’s gone





Yah, Mommy is taking us swimming



Cheh cheh piling all these toys on me as I was sleeping


Hey, what cha' doing mommy?



8 comments:

A gift from God said...

Be strong and pray. Don't walk alone in this time of sorrow, let God walk with you.

Take care. There are alot of people praying for you and family whether strangers like me or your friends and family.

blinka.Li said...

hi. *speechless* Be strong and stay close to God.

Oscar's Mommy said...

hi, be strong and pray. take care...

Moomykin said...

Many of us are remembering you in our prayers.

Take care, my dear.

Shanti Tharan said...

Michelle,
Words cannot express how sorry I am for all of you for this terrible tragedy. I am praying for all of you and Matthew is constantly in my thoughts. I keep picturing him with God and can only think of him being in a better place. You are being so strong for everyone and I hope and pray that you will continue to find the strength to deal with this......
Shanti

Peter DC said...

I am so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. Seeing your little boy pictures reminds me of 3 year old. I wish you the strength to go one ,...you have me in my prayers!

TripleJin said...

Stay strong. Continue writing abt stories of your beautiful son...

*big hugs*

mott

NomadicMom said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Be strong and take care.